Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Top Tens Schmop Schmens (2010)


--> Here you go. Everything's in alphabetical order. My faves were ones that left me laughing my ass off, inspired, hopeful, a weeping mess, broken into pieces or simply in awe.
MY TOP TEN
  • Black Swan
  • Despicable Me
  • The Ghost Writer
  • A Horrible Way to Die
  • How to Train Your Dragon
  • Jackass 3D
  • The Kids are All Right
  • The King’s Speech
  • The Social Network
  • Toy Story 3

OTHER FILMS I TOTALLY ENJOYED
  • 127 Hours
  • Babies
  • Best Worst Movie
  • Catfish
  • The Crazies
  • Easy A
  • The Fighter
  • Frozen
  • Inception
  • Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work
  • MacGruber
  • Never Let Me Go
  • Please Give
  • Rare Exports
  • Red Riding 1974
  • Rubber
  • Scott Pilgrim
  • That Evening Sun
  • True Grit
  • Winnebago Man
  • Winter's Bone

FAVORITE PERFORMANCES
  • Andrew Garfield (Never Let Me Go, Red Riding, Social Network)
  • Barry Pepper and Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit)
  • Eddie Marsan and Martin Compston (The Disappearance of Alice Creed)
  • Christian Bale and Amy Adams (The Fighter)
  • Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
  • Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, Helena Bonham Carter (The King’s Speech)
  • AJ Bowen (A Horrible Way to Die)
  • Michael Shannon (My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?, The Runaways)

OLD GEMS I DISCOVERED AND FELL IN LOVE WITH
  • The Apartment
  • The Housemaid (1960)
  • Ladies and Gentleman, The Fabulous Stains
  • Splendor in the Grass
  • This is England

FAVORITE SHORTS
  • Crossbow
  • Day & Night
  • Fatakra
  • My Mom Smokes Weed
  • Old Meal
  • Pioneer
  • Stranger Hero

MOVIES I MISSED THIS YEAR DAMNIT, BUT WOULD PROBABLY LOVE
  • 45365
  • Fish Tank
  • I Am Love
  • The Legend of Beaver Dam
  • Make Believe
  • A Prophet

MOST ANTICIPATED FILMS OF 2011
  • Blue Valentine
  • Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark
  • The Innkeepers
  • Jane Eyre
  • Meek’s Cutoff
  • Mildred Pierce
  • Somewhere
  • Submarine
  • Sucker Punch
  • Take Shelter
  • Tiny Furniture
  • The Tree of Life

2 comments:

Lorie said...

I loved How To Train Your Dragon - I totally wanted one of my own after viewing that movie!

2010 This Year On Purpose said...

I saw A Prophet. It was astounding. I found it hard to watch because it was so raw, but well worth it to see how the story unfolded.