Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Upon Awakening on a Weekday Morning at Three-Years-Old

From my dear talented friend Ama Reynolds ...

For once, I was quiet. I walked through the house of hardwood floors and white walls and stacked newspapers until I reached the heavy front door. Mom and Dad and my older brother, Joshu, were still sleeping. The rooms were shadowy, heavy with sleep and the hum of easy, deep breathing. Dust swirled through thin slats of light coming in between drawn curtains. I stood at my front door, naked but for my pink quilted satin robe buttoned at my neck. Soft belly poking out and legs straight, I thrillingly released the dead-bolt lock, turned the smooth weight of the brass knob and opened the front door up to the outside ...

Read the whole beautiful story.

No comments: