Sunday, August 08, 2010

My Teen Angst Stamp

Two weeks before classes start up again at UT. So I've been using my free time wisely cranking out the first draft of Nikki is a Punk Rocker. I'm reliving my adolescence, being in a band, pretending to be a rock star in front of a mirror with my hair brush. All that. I still have a ways to go with the script. It's only a first draft. And like Andrew Stanton says, "Your first draft is shit. And then each draft gets better and better." Hopefully I'm not writing total shit. But regardless I'm having fun.

This is something I would and possibly could make myself if I found the right budget. It's funny because I write a ton of scripts. And some of them I know I'll never be able to make myself. And some of them I don't want to make myself. But this one. I do. It's got my teen angst stamp all over it.

1 comment:

Pete Bauer said...

Nikki... I like that name :)