Sunday, April 11, 2010

What are you working on these days?

I still get that dreaded question. And over the last several years, I've avoided social networking situations and have managed to dodge the question. But occasionally it still pops up. And it's kind of hard to explain. So my answer usually is ... "Writing. Lots and lots of writing." Which is entirely true.

When I'm not in the CMB or CMA building on the UT campus teaching or twiddling my thumbs in my office hours, I'm writing. At least 3-5 hours a day. That includes the weekends. It's not recreational. It's work. And it's good work. I usually have about 2-3 scripts going at the same time. And usually they're different genres in varying stages. From outlines to second and third drafts. And I love it.

There's cool, exciting stuff going on, but to talk about it would probably jinx it. So I'll just keep my mouth shut until there's something that I can scream from the mountain tops. But sadly in this business things are fleeting. It's kind of like my husbands always says, "I don't want to get too excited because it could fall through at any second." True that homeboy.

No comments: