Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Music Obsessed Teens

A friend of mine makes "Look Books" when he pitches a screenplay to a studio. His books are filled with cut out images from magazines, color copied paintings, his own charcoal drawings, hand typed text from ancient typewriters ... It helps the people he's pitching to get further inside his head and his words and see everything he sees.

I love that idea. And maybe when I'm pitching hundred million dollar films to studios I'll do the same thing, but for now, I make mix CDs. Below is a list of songs from the latest mix CD from the latest teen romance project I'm working on. I put the CDs in the mail today to arrive at the same time I email my 18-page treatment on Friday. This project revolves around music obsessed teens and so I only felt it made sense to put in specific music cues. I'm super excited about the story and the treatment. Hopefully they will be too.
  1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Date with the Night
  2. Band of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You
  3. Metric - Gimme Sympathy
  4. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Contender
  5. Sahara Hotnights - Keep Up the Speed
  6. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Young Adult Friction
  7. The Muffs - Agony
  8. Throwing Muses - Not Too Soon
  9. Band of Horses - Is There A Ghost
  10. Ola Podrida - Monday Morning
  11. Superchunk - 100,000 Fireflies
  12. Trail of Dead - How Near How Far
  13. Metric - Collect Call
  14. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Is This Love
  15. Sigur Ros - Gooan Daginn
  16. The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound
  17. Clinic - For the Wars
  18. Wolf Parade - I'll Believe in Anything

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love that idea too! I might steal it to meet with agents. Or just for fun.

And of course I loved your mix.

Jentri said...

that's such a neat idea, Kat! :)

ryan said...

I'm obsessed with Gimme Sympathy. I've been listening to it at least once a day for weeks now.