Sunday, March 28, 2010

Living Inside A Song

Mark and I were listening to Band of Horses the other night and I turned to him and asked ... "You ever love a song so much you just want to curl up and live inside of it?" He didn't hesitate. "Yeah."

I'm kind of feeling that way about this teen romance. I can't rip my head out of it. I'd rather just live in that world for a little while. I want to go to the all ages rock club. Listen to music in an abandoned carnival ride with the boy I have butterflies for. Wander junk yards in the middle of the night. Sneak out my bedroom window and ride my bike at 4am with my friends. Basically all the things I did as a teenager. Well, minus the sneaking out. I never did that. But yeah, you get the point. It's fun to pretend.

I have a week of serious writing ahead of me. I'll turn this final teen romance outline in at the end of the week and cross my fingers that they love it as much as I do. I'll finish my turn with the family comedy, Brother In Law Toddy and I are working on. I will say it's been tough switching gears between the two scripts.

No comments: