Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Back to School" (in Adam Sandler's Voice)

Today marked a return to the real world and my first class after Spring Break. Boo to the real world. Eh, that's ok. After seeing all of the great footage my kids brought to class from their shoots, I'm totally cool with it.

There's also been a tiny dip of depression after coming back from LA. As much as I was ready to come home after eight days of meetings, more meetings and hanging out with friends and students, I did get a little sad. All in all it was the best LA trip yet. It marked me and Toddy coming out as an official writing team. Now people know our voice and sensibility and can hire us for rewrite jobs or to develop ideas and projects. That's the plan anyway. So after coming back and getting great feedback on Never Date a Teen Idol we'll be spending the next two - three months writing like mad on our Brother In Law script. We're aiming to get back to LA by mid to late June with a new project and a new round of meetings. That's right people, we don't "eff" around. We got shit to do!

On top of that I'm doing a third rewrite on the teen romance outline. After a few conference calls with the producers and director, I'm feeling really good about it. It's a ton of work but I'll turn it in next week and then cross my fingers and toes super crazy tight that I get the job. And if I don't, well, I have a pretty intense outline that I can make a few minor tweaks to and call it my own.

But for now, I shall lay my head down on my pillow and call it a day.

1 comment:

Ama Livia Reynolds said...

Kat, you are a force to be reckoned with and I am so amazed by and proud of you I can't even put it into words.