Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shit - Pre-Production

My UT students are gearing up for March shoots-- some have it a little more difficult than others. But they're all in the midst of test shoots, tech scouts, casting, crewing up, production design ... you name it, they're doing it. Or at least they're supposed to.

I'm right there with them. Our shoot for Shit is one month away. It seems like a good chunk of time, but I tell ya what, it's gonna be here sooner than we know it. I'm kind of a freak about details and organization. I can't just "wing it". I can't pretend like everything's gonna fall in to place. I'd freak the "f" out. I want to know every little details been checked, double checked and triple checked. I want things to be tested, practiced ... That's just the way I roll. Or produce my best work, I guess.

Some of my filmmaking friends can just go out and shoot and come back with something amazing. Yeah, that's not me. I have to plot, plan and work hard to make something decent.

So pretty much everything's in place so far. Minus two things. Two big things. And if you're reading this and you have access to or have a connection to, let me know.

We really need a PeeWee Dolly with tracks and a jib with a monitor. We're shooting on a slightly bump/curvy road and sidewalk. I want smooth, smooth, smooth. SMOOTH.

No comments: