Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Script Outlines

It's a week of outlining two projects. Toddy and I pitched a slew of ideas around Thanksgiving and they picked one. So we've been outlining it ever since. It's a big, family, comedy adventure involving modern day knights. It's silly over the top and fun. It's a little bit more by the book because of the nature of who it's for. We're polishing up the almost 20 page outline to hand over early next week. I'm pretty proud so far of what we have.

And then there's Brother In Law. We've finished our character profiles and have a rough outline sketch. It's still in its outline infancy stage. It's more of an 80s family comedy (my favorite!). This one we have free reign on since it's a spec project. We can make it a little more crass and rude than the other one.

And I'm still plugging away at The Child Thief. I'm at about a 80 page rough rough rough first draft. There's a ton of work to be done to even get it to a normal rough draft. I'm just juggling projects right now.

Notes are coming back on my teen romance outlines this week. I'll have 2-3 weeks to turn around new drafts before finding out if I get the job.

Unfortunately with the start of school at UT next week, I'll be swamped with script notes for my students for a few weeks. It will be busy busy busy.

And about to buy a ticket for LA for mid March. Hopefully I'll have it in hand by Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish not approve on it. I over nice post. Especially the designation attracted me to study the sound story.