Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Monday

I've been swimming in student scripts all weekend ... coming up for breath to watch The Bachelor and spend some time with friends. And in between all of that, I've been glued to the mass tweets about Sundance. I'm trying to follow all of my friends' successes. Amidst all of that, I haven't had a chance to work on my own projects or felt compelled to for some weirdo reason.

I will say it was nice to have an option agreement in my inbox Saturday afternoon for Love Me (this teen thriller I wrote last year). So now it'll be a back and forth for weeks between lawyers to get the agreement just right. Hopefully it won't take as long as the last one. It'll definitely pay some upcoming bills.

The outline that Toddy and I worked on over the holidays got shot down. The company changed the mandate of what they're looking for. One minute they want this, the next minute they want that. It's a bummer but whatever, it's cool. We have a pretty solid outline to continue tweaking before we decide whether to dive into the actual script, or pitch.

All the while we're prepping for an LA trip in March. Looking forward to meetings, friends and visiting sets.

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Happy to read about status of Love Me option. Yay!