Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ju On - The Grudge (2000)

I can't say I'm a fan. And I had no idea how many Ju Ons there were. How many times did Takashi Shimizu make this film? Between two Japanese versions and one American version, and sequels galore, you'd think he'd want to move on to new stories. But maybe not. I'm sure he's made a killing off the franchise. It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Give me A Tale of Two Sisters over this any day. Give me heart and emotion over little boys doused in white powder and too much eyeliner and completely confusing sequences of events. What?

I'm psyched to see Ji woon Kim's The Good, The Bad, The Weird next. But tonight, I'm being brave and watching Battle Royale. Finally. After having just read The Hunger Games I felt it was only appropriate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I dream the post should acquire more info then it has.