Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Faves

Kat's Top Ten Favorites of 2009
(in alphabetical order)

Adventureland
Bright Star
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Drag Me To Hell
Fantastic Mr. Fox
House of the Devil
Private Eye
A Town Called Panic
Where the Wild Things Are
Up


Other 2009 Favorites
17 Again
Brothers
I Love You, Man
Moon
Ponyo
Stingray Sam
St. Nick
Trick r Treat
Watchmen


Favorite 2009 Shorts
10 Steps
Alma
My Mom Smokes Weed
Next Floor
Pigeon Impossible
True Beauty This Night



Things I Didn't Get to See That I Wish I Had
Bronson
An Education
Fish Story
The Hurt Locker
A Serious Man
The White Ribbon


Favorite Performances
Jake Gyllenhaal - Brothers
Monique - Precious
James Gandolfini - Where the Wild Things Are
Abbie Cornish and Ben Wishaw - Bright Star
Sam Rockwell - Moon and Gentleman Broncos
Matt Damon - The Informant!
Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci - Julie and Julia
Jackie Earle Haley - Watchmen


Things I Discovered This Year on Video that I LOVED
A Tale of Two Sisters
The Verdict
The Warriors (Director's Cut)

6 comments:

Mark said...

Obviously you haven't watched our FULLY CHARGED Blu Ray edition of Crank 2 : High Voltage yet, because I'm not seeing it between Cloudy... and Drag Me To Hell.

Kat Candler said...

Obviously I haven't. That'll be on my list after we finish Season 3 of Dawson's Creek!

Bryan Klimt said...

I must be having vision problems, because I don't see Inglourious Basterds on the list!

Zombieland was pretty good, too.

Kat Candler said...

I thought Zombieland was ok. A fun first half, but peetered out. Inglorious Basterds was good. But I love all of these other movies more.

Joe M. O'Connell said...

Warriors, Come out to play-ay!

Karen said...

Cool blog. Adventureland, The Warriors, Brothers...all good. Nice picks!

www.reelartsy.com