Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?

It was a fun day of being a bona fide Guest Speaker. This morning I chatted with a class at Texas State University about making films and then this afternoon, I visited Webb Middle School for Gen Austin's Career Week. I met about 9 or 10 middle school girls and talked to them a little about what it's like to be a filmmaker. Towards the end of the get together, they went around the room and said what they wanted to be when they grew up. "Child doctor, Veterinarian, Teacher, Doctor, Cosmetologist, Zoologist, Oceanographer ... " Wow. I love it.

I remember my mom asked me in elementary school to fill out questions in my baby book. I had the same question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" In crooked, scribbled handwriting I wrote ... "Artist".

No comments: