Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Plate is Full

I love all of my friends and students so much and wish I had more time in a day to offer notes, feedback, go to more test screenings, write letters of recommendations, hang out ... but I don't. Especially lately when my husband and cat are feeling completely neglected. Pork Chop's been peeing on the carpet again in protest of my absence. I hear ya buddy.

With that said, I'm taking December off from lunches, get togethers, test screenings, hang outs, going out of town and offering notes to students and friends that aren't in my current or independent study classes. I did this over the summer and it worked really really well. So if I say, "Sorry, I can't go to lunch this time" or "I won't be able to make that screening this go around" or "I won't have time to give notes on this," please don't be offended. Just know that I'm freakin' out with all the stuff going on that I need to wrap up before the end of the year and I need to hunker down and get it done. Somehow, I got really really busy.

But I will surface again, I promise.

2 comments:

Paul Toohey said...

I think everyone will understand that you sometimes need some Kat time.

Kat Candler said...

thanks paul!