Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Culkin Brothers

Watching Lymelife tonight reminded me how much I'm in love with great acting. You see actors on screen and they just come alive like nothing you've ever seen. I don't know about you, but I become a little obsessed with certain actors. So much so that I want to write scripts, characters and raise tons of money just for a chance to work with them. Some of the ones I've obsessed over in the past ... Katharine Hepburn, Michael Pitt, Timothy Bottoms, Michelle Williams, Steve Martin, Cary Grant, River Phoenix, Ben Foster, Gena Rowlands, Tom Wilkinson, Heath Ledger, Kate Winslet, Bill Murray ...

Kieran and Rory Culkin are completely riveting on screen. Not just in this, but in pretty much everything they do. From young ages in The Mighty and Mean Creek, there was no doubt that these guys had ... "it" ... I guess you'd say. And they didn't grow out of it as some young actors tend to do. There's a raw, kind of untouched authenticity that they bring to the screen and it's so wonderful to watch unfold. If you're unfamiliar with their work, keep an eye out. I'm expecting some amazing performances to come. And hopefully, some day, maybe, just maybe, I can work with them too.

No comments: