Tuesday, September 22, 2009

College Daze

For our little CD mixes that Van is compiling, I had to dig up an old photo. This is the one I handed over from my college daze.

So, this is me and my best friends (even to this day) from college. Brian, Mike, Karen, Ama and Kelly Rae.

Fun facts about me from my college.

1) Overalls and Revlon red lipstick were my signature.
2) I never ever ever went to parties. Even though all of my friends did. I still get freaked out when I have to go to a party. I suck at social engagements.
3) I majored in Creative Writing.
4) I was a deejay at WVFS, V-89, the best college radio station ever.
5) I was the lead singer in a band called Jake Ryan.
6) I smoked a pack of Camel Lights a day. I haven't smoked a single cigarette since 2002.
7) I worked at the Oak Lake 6 movie theater in the box office where I made about $400/month.
8) I never went to a single FSU football game. Instead I sold the free tickets we got for rent money.
9) I convinced Ama that Calista Flockhart played the female gelfling in The Dark Crystal. (We were under the influence).
10) I ate a lot of spaghetti noodles with butter and salt. SO CHEAP.
11) I made a "D" in the Theories and Dynamics of Racism and Oppression because I never made it to class.
12) I wrote a one act play called The Spider in the Bathtub for my dramatic workshop class. My teacher told me I should turn it into a short film.
13) I wrote in a black and white composition book every single day. I haven't written in a journal in probably 10 years. But I still have stacks of 'em that I revisit when I'm working on scripts.
14) Ama and Karen were terrified to tell me that River Phoenix had died. Rightfully so. When I woke up to the news report, I sobbed and sobbed.
15) I owned that same dress that Kelly's wearing. I wore it until it had a huge hole in the back.
16) I idolized my friends. I still do.

3 comments:

:Debbie said...

Wow. We have a lot in common! Whodathunk.

I wore lots of overalls (or just one pair over and over).
Never did and still don't go to parties.
I dj'd at a college radio station once, and garnered quite a fan following.
I was a singer in a band.
I smoked LOTS of Camel Lights.
Have never been to a football game.

That's it. Just dropped by to congratulate you on Spider.
Hats off!

Kat Candler said...

i recently busted out the red lipstick again.

Ama Livia Reynolds said...

i'm wearing the blackberry again! p.s. i idolize you, too.
p.p.s. i stole that dress of yours all the time.
p.p.p.p.s. you also convinced me that Krispy Kreme would deliver us donuts.
p.p.p.p.p.s. i now smoke a pack of camels a day.