Friday, August 21, 2009

My Aunt Rocks

This is Caroline "the princess". She's a dancing queen. Caroline likes to have dance parties and jump around to "Hippy Hippy Shake" from the Cocktail soundtrack. She's got wicked dance moves and sports a "MY AUNT ROCKS" t-shirt. Loves it.

This is Emma. Or "Emma Doo". She likes to point to light fixtures and scream "LIGHT!" She likes chicken nuggets and grapes. And she'll stuff as many in her cheeks as she possibly can.

This is Christian. He loves Star Wars. Episode III is his absolute favorite. He also likes Lego people. And taking pictures with them.

This is Dance Party USA at my brother's house. That's my oldest nephew Robert being a ham. Robert likes to jump on couches, do flips on the carpet and make stop motion movies with his Star Wars Lego figures.

So yeah, I'm home. Jacksonville, Florida, I mean. I shocked my mom by randomly showing up on her doorstep for an early birthday surprise. She stared at me for about 15 seconds before bursting into tears and saying my name over and over again.

So far, lots of fun hangin' with the family. Dancing in McDonalds to Michael Jackson, playing "princess" with Caroline, taking my mom to see Julie and Julia and picking up the kids from school in a 1/4 mile long line of parents in SUVs and then going for ice cream.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Glad you're having fun! I, too, saw J&J with my best friend from hs last weekend. Loved the Julia part; hated the Julie part. After a little while, I just kept praying, 'go back to France, movie, go back to France!'

Lorie said...

Oh, and I feel sorry for my darling friend, Julie. She liked it fine enough. I'm such a pain in the ass to go see a movie with. :) Especially ones that are trite and too glossy.