Thursday, June 04, 2009

Teen Comedies and Romance

I've been working on a teen comedy / romance with Toddy. I took the reins for the week while she drove to New York for the summer. We'd already drawn up a long ass character outline on all of our leads and supporting characters. I couldn't help but turn in an almost 10 page outline to her yesterday. I got excited. What can I say? I started fleshing out a lot. A little here, a little there. A little more here, a whole lot more there. It'll be a fun, little teen romance flick inspired by everything from Pretty in Pink to Taming of the Shrew to Singin' in the Rain. But now I'm holding myself back not working on it and letting her add, edit, subtract, mess around with it. I like having a writing partner. Just when I'm think God, how the hell is this going to play out I think Let's ask Toddy!

No comments: