Monday, May 11, 2009

TFPF Grants

That's right. It's that time of year again. Time for Texas filmmakers to put together their Texas Filmmaker Production Fund Grant applications. I've been working on two applications over the last few days for Love Bug and Ninja James and the Beast Boy.

Over the years, I've received $10,000 in TFPF grants between my two feature films cicadas and jumping off bridges. These funds were crucial to finishing a sound mix, paying for film transfers and funding color corrections.

There is no reason Texas filmmakers shouldn't be applying for this money. I require my UT students to put together their own applications. It's only one of the amazing resources from the great Austin Film Society.

2 comments:

Bryan Poyser said...

Thanks for the plug, Kat!

Chris Demarais said...

Yay! Thanks again for the letter of recommendation!