Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

This is my mom. She's the coolest mom in the whole wide world. She's the kind of mom I want to be someday. She's my inspiration, my support, my ground, my shoulder, my cheerleader and my best friend. From the time she encouraged me to audition for my first play Fiddler on the Roof, to writing letters to Mel Gibson about her directing daughter, to waking up in the middle of the night because she could hear me coughing in the other room, to bringing home a mound of movies and planting that seed in me as a kid, to working two (sometimes three) jobs just to make sure we were fed and cared for, to sending mass emails to all of her friends and co-workers about my accomplishments, to encouraging my creativity no matter if it was singing, making movies or acting, to being her crazy, kooky self and being proud of who she was, to being the best example of what a good person should be, to not condemning me because I smoked a lot of pot in college, to loving all of my friends unconditionally, to rubbing my back and reading me The Secret Garden as a little girl, to always telling me I was beautiful, to holding on through my teen years because she knew I wouldn't be such a terror after high school, to always instilling the best values and qualities in me, to being a voice on the other end of the phone calming me and telling me things were going to be ok when life got really bad, for encouraging me to have an open heart and an open mind, for teaching me how to use my voice, for loving me so much and letting me love her just as much in return.

I could never thank you enough for being my mom.

1 comment:

Jentri said...

She's beautiful, like you.