Sunday, May 10, 2009

Candler Productions - Project Status Report

Love Bug - We had a really nice response at the screening on Saturday. I loved hearing everyone's laughter. I think the defining moment for me was when I showed it to my dad a few weeks ago and he loved it. That just meant the world. My parents don't always get my films, which is totally ok. Growing up going to the movies with my dad, he's the one who showed me the magic and adventure inside the four walls of a movie theater. So showing him a film that sort of takes us back to that world and him laughing out loud through the whole thing, there's nothing like it. So Love Bug will start heading off to festivals this summer.

Quarter to Noon - I can say this and be totally and utterly ok with it. All of the festivals I've submitted to, minus one, it's gotten rejected to. A few years ago, I would've been devastated, but I'm totally cool with it. I love the film and I'm really, really proud of it. It'll continue to head out to festivals and maybe end up on a shorts compilation down the road.

The Spider in the Bathtub - We have movement on it. It's too soon to say much, but I'm really, really excited.

jumping off bridges - Recently we've had a flurry of screening requests from universities, mental health groups ... Savannah and I have a trip planned for the fall. I love that the film continues to grow and get out there.

Ninja James and the Beast Boy - We're still editing. I'll be the first to admit that I probably bit off more than I can chew with this one. I shot way too much footage. A lot. And i made several mistakes this go around. But we're continuing to whittle away at it. We'll spend the summer locking picture, working on the animation and getting it finished up. It's definitely completely different from anything else I've done.

No comments: