Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Writing Itch

I have a few scripts in various stages that I'm itching to get back to. Luckily, this summer I'm giving myself the time and space. I'm teaching one class and one camp. That's it. The other hours of the day will be dedicated to writing.

The Edmonton Children (Teen Horror) - I had a recent revelation about this script that I want to do a little revamping on. It's a script that I've been casually working on for about three years now. I love the idea, I love the story, it just needs another major rewrite. I'll get this one right eventually. I have a new element that will definitely help.

Captain Dynamo - I've been working on this one this semester alongside my Independent Study students who are writing their own feature scripts. It's silly, it's fun, it's big and it needs a lot of work. But I love living with these weirdo characters. I'm about 100 pages in, maybe 10 more pages to go as the most and then back into a major rewrite.

The New Teen Comedy - Toddy and I have a mission this summer. To write a teen comedy together. Hence all the recent teen research.

I think I need a writer's retreat. Give me a month or even a few weeks to knock some stuff out. No interruptions. No distractions. Just me and my little MacBook.

2 comments:

Clay Liford said...

Did you get your phone back, girlie? While you're writing stuff this summer, maybe you can squeeze in a film shoot!

Kat Candler said...

i got a new terrible, awful phone for $20. film shoot, no. writing, yes! can't wait to see how earthling is shaping up!