Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tribeca - Day Two

Up late taking notes and prepping for tomorrow's meetings (Bring it On 2 providing a little background noise on my cable TV).

We spent most of the day in pitch workshops. Three producers listened and gave notes on each of our 5-10 minute pitches. Pitching is an art. Some people can pitch like a mofo. Some people stumble, falter and get all tangled in their story. I used to be one of those tangled up pitchers. Not any more. We did a good job. I had a few laughs and some nodding heads as I described our little weirdo family comedy as quickly and concisely as I could. We made a few mistakes on our producer end of things, but it was all good stuff to get notes on. We feel more prepared going to our "real" meetings.

Also had a first great meeting outside of the festival with a woman/producer with Texas ties. I knew instantly we would be friends even if we didn't end up working together. But that working relationship might have some legs.

After a quick breath at the hotel, we headed out to the East Village for some Veselka's and Veneiro's. We had a major sugar rush (carrot cake, chocolate mousse cake and some dessert I can't pronounce) as we ended up walking the 30 blocks home.

Things I'm looking forward to: Serious Moonlight, Ethiopian Food, the Donut Plant and seeing my girls.

4 comments:

David Lowery said...

I watched BRING IT ON 3 in a hotel room not too long ago.

Kat Candler said...

We got through about 10 minutes before we had to switch the channel.

Clay Liford said...

Careful. David genuinely loves that movie!

Kat Candler said...

maybe i'll have to revisit it. be fair.