Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tribeca - Day Three

I can barely keep my eyes open. Totally wiped. After waking up at 6:30am to get ready and run over to Kinkos for a last minute run of scripts, we made it down to the Tribeca Cinemas in time to get some granola and catch our breath.

We caught up with everyone before heading into our meetings. We're getting to know all of the other filmmakers and their projects and I love building that community. We all have mutual friends, acquaintances and strange little connections to each other. There are people here I can guarantee continued friendships.

3 out of our 4 meetings went really really well. I'm finally meeting people from the indie film companies I've followed over the years. And what's funny is that now that they're all getting older and having kids, they're looking for family films. Who'da thunk? I love it. So somehow we're fitting with a lot of what they're looking for. It's the first time I've been to something like this where I felt somewhat valuable and not like a desperate little indie filmmaker. It's a good feeling. So yeah, crossing all fingers and toes, we'll come out of this thing with some really promising avenues.

Tomorrow 7 meetings and two parties. And then some sleep. Off to sleep now.

2 comments:

Deneice said...

YaY Kat! I'm rootin for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! xo ama