Sunday, April 26, 2009

Please Call Me If You Find My Phone

I lost my phone in a New York cab on Friday night. It looks like this. If you see it, call me. Wait, no ... send me a letter. Or maybe a telegram. I'm dying without you, little Nokia slider phone. I couldn't call my husband to find out if he was picking me up at baggage claim or in the loading zone. I couldn't call my mom during my layover to see how the family was doing. I miss you, phone. I miss you so much it hurts. I'm really sorry to betray you like this, but I'm going to have to find a new one.
I'm eyeing this pretty little number. It's so rad and does really cool things like pretends to be a slate and a ruler and a level and maybe even a pencil sharpener. I kind of feel guilty about replacing you, little Nokia, but I think losing you in that cab that fateful night might've been a sign. A sign that I need an iPhone with a more expensive monthly bill. At least that's what Karen said. And she's pretty smart. So I think I believe her.

P.S. If you've tried to call me in the lasts 48 hours, I didn't get the message. Just FYI.

4 comments:

David Lowery said...

Yep, you will like it. You might even like it so much that you develop a bad habit of texting while driving!

And the monthly bill is scarcely more than what I was already paying. Although I just added another ten bucks to mine to raise the text message plan, which should in effect LOWER my bill from what I've been paying lately in text message overages.

emptyowe said...

Hey Kat!
If you can, hold tight... Apple is releasing the new iPhones at the beginning of June and they are going to have a few new things on them (like a better camera and maybe better battery life).
Anyway, if you can hold out til then, it might be worth it.

anonymous said...

I have an iphone, too. refurbished...and it's higher than I'm used to and I still love the little thing...I still am a terrible texter though, all thumbs...and typos.

Kat Candler said...

didn't end up with my beloved iphone. stupid upgrades! i'm now the proud owner of a $20 craptastic phone.