Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where Do I Shine?

There are moments, days, sometimes weeks and months when you really doubt yourself. You wonder if your work or your stories are just "ok". You watch friends and peers shine and think to yourself, "maybe they're just better than me". I've spent the last year making shorts, writing films that stretch myself as an artist and as a storyteller. I've made some films and written some scripts I'm really, really proud of. And I've written some scripts and made some films that I wish could somehow tuck under a rug somewhere. I'm learning more about my strengths and weaknesses. And that's totally cool. At least I'm trying new things. I know where my voice sings and I know where my voice totally cracks.

Tonight after seeing half of Nick's first cut of Love Bug, it only confirms ... I know where I shine. I know what I'm good at. When I know a story through and through, and it involves kids and comedy I can bring it to life. I can't wait ... can't wait to finish this little film up and share it with everyone. I think it really shows off some great talent both behind and in front of the camera. Soon everyone will be introduced to the charm of Reese Merritt (Turtle) and Kelsey Buchanan (Maddy). Give our little team 2 1/2 more weeks to put it all together.

2 comments:

Clay Liford said...

That's so awesome. And I don't think anyone ever doubted you could pull it off. I knew the moment I saw Cicadas that whatever you made would be something I'd wanna see. I'm going to let your excitement rub off on me a bit for my own shoot. I'm having the same issues you were!

Kat Candler said...

Dude, there's no question that you shine. I saw it on screen two weeks ago. Now I just can't wait to see it applied to a sci-fi movie!