Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Test Screening #1 - Ninja James

I love test screenings. Just about as much as I love test shoots. We did a test screening of Ninja James for a small, 90% non-film crowd. We got great feedback. What makes sense, what doesn't make sense, what doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense ... all fantastic notes to work with. So Chadwick takes that long list of notes and heads back into the editing room to chop, tweak, smooth out the film before locking picture. The best feedback of all is that everyone seemed to love all of the characters, big and small. That made me happy. Sound and color correction still need LOTS of work, but it should be a fun little film when it's done. Will it get in to Sundance? Eh ... I doubt it. It's not really a Sundance film. I'm not even sure if it's really a festival film. I don't know. But it's fun and silly and people laughed out loud. It's just getting better as we go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see it! The girls have an audition this Saturday so be warned Kieran will be in town! (I'll do my best to keep him out of the SXSW party though!) Stacey

Kat Candler said...

tell the family hello. and good luck with the auditions. before we know it the whole clan will be movie stars.