Wednesday, March 11, 2009

SXSW Recommended

It's that time again. SXSW is just days away. Because of the busy in my life, I'm not sure I'll get to go to as many films and bands as I'd like to so I hope that I can spread the word so everyone else can. Here's a list of recommended films and showcases to check out.

FILMS
  • THE OVERBROOK BROTHERS (John Bryant)
  • ST. NICK (David Lowery)
  • ARTOIS THE GOAT
  • THAT EVENING SUN
  • ALEXANDER THE LAST (Joe Swanberg)
  • BEESWAX (Andrew Bujalski)
  • THE EYES OF ME (Keith Maitland)
  • SUNSHINE (Karen Skloss)
  • DRUNKEN ANGEL (Kevin Triplett)
  • THICK AS THIEVES (Marshall Rimmer, Chris Demeiras)
  • DUPLEX (SXSW AFS Showcase)
  • RECEIVE BACON (James Johnston)
  • LOVE, SADIE (Naiti Gamez)
MUSIC
  • EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY
  • BOSQUE BROWN
  • TARA JANE O'NEIL
  • THE THERMALS
  • SCHOOL OF SEVEN BELLS
  • PETER BJORN AND JOHN
  • THE WOGGLES
  • DINOSAUR JR
  • DJ SHADOW
  • TRAIL OF DEAD
  • LOU BARLOW
  • PJ HARVEY AND JOHN PARISH

2 comments:

Joe M. O'Connell said...

Ah, you should add The Two Bobs from Tim McCanlies and don't forget that Devo is playing!

Kat Candler said...

absolutely! i don't know about devo, though ;)