Thursday, March 19, 2009

The SXSW Cool Factor

Every year SXSW brings the coolest of the cool kids to our fair city. We're flooded with hipsters. That's not to say we don't have our fair share already. But today in particular, I'm a little overwhelmed with pink hair, mod boy hair cuts, oversized sunglasses carefully positioned on top of people's heads, bangle bracelets and knee high socks. Maybe I shouldn't have come to Spiderhaus to write. Hmmm ...

I remember long ago, when I first moved to Austin, Matt and I would go see the latest and greatest indie rock band at Emo's. Everywhere I turned there were cool, beautiful twenty somethings. And I was not one of them. At the end of the night, I'd go home feeling like a complete loser. Damn, you self esteem! Of course, now that I'm older ... I'm so totally over it. Cool schmool. Just give me my jeans and flip flops and I'm good to go.

1 comment:

:Debbie said...

As I approach my thirties, I am soooo totally over it! It's the greatest feeling in the world!