Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Force Field SXSW Showcases


Daniel Gill has officially touched down in Austin (as have Karen and Ralph). Daniel and I went to high school and college together. He was my music supervisor that landed all of the awesome bands on our jumping off bridges soundtrack.

I learn about new music from four people ... my husband, Kurt Volk, Chris Hrasky and Daniel Gill. These are my trusted sources. So tonight Daniel and I sat with MySpace and YouTube and he caught me up on all the latest and greatest. The one that stuck out that Kurt told me about weeks ago, maybe months ago even is The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. They'll be playing Wednesday in a free showcase that Daniel's Force Field PR is co-producing. And then of course, I'm really looking forward to seeing Bosque Brown on Friday at Force Field's second free showcase. I can't recommend going to these enough. They're free!!!

No comments: