Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Year Movie Marathon

Oh man, I can't pull myself away from our beautiful HD TV. And I can't stop making the trips to Hollywood and Vulcan Video. When I return something, I feel it necessary to rent something else. I have a problem.

Wonder Boys
I remember liking this the first time I saw it. I still do.

Network
Holy gamoly. They don't make movies like this anymore. I love you, Sidney Lumet.

The Ruins
For a horror film that involves talent like Jena Malone and Darius Khondji ... it leaves you a little out of breath.

American Teen
Teen pop documentary. It won't win an Oscar, but it was a fun two hours of nostalgia and angst.

Gossip
I'm a big fan of James Marsden. But mostly in comedies. It's an interesting premise that got way too convoluted, tangled and silly.

Bugcrush
The short film that the director of The Ruins did which led him to a big time agent and a movie deal with Ben Stiller's production company. I can see why.

Bad Influence
A young James Spader and Rob Lowe in a mystery thriller directed by Curtis Hansen ... hmmm ... not so good.

Dawson's Creek (Season 2, Episodes 3-11)
Oh yeah, and I'm about half way through season 2 of Dawson's Creek. I can't help it. I got sucked in. Please don't think less of me. Pacey's so damn cute and sweet and in love with Andy.

******************

Next on my list: The World According to Garp, Ghost Town, Billy the Kid, Murmur of the Heart and the second half of Dawson's Creek Season 2

All of this equals one thing ... research. Good or bad, all movies make me want to write and direct more movies.

No comments: