Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Movie Round Up


Murmur of the Heart
- Ah, to be French, fifteen and in love with your mother. It's a great film that makes you feel really weird by the end of it. What the hell just happened???



Detroit Rock City
- How did I miss this growing up? And how did I miss Giuseppe Andrews? Adam Rifkin has had a strange career, but I think this is the highlight of it. I embrace it wholeheartedly. Like the lady at the I Luv Video store said, you'll have a fun time watching this. Yep.


Murder a la Mod
- Brian De Palma's first film. It's completely and utterly ridiculous, but completely and utterly well crafted and intelligent. It's got the De Palma stamp all over a forehead slapping story. But it shows the early, uneven signs of greatness. Even if the guy snoring in the back row didn't think so.


The World According to Garp
- What a strange, quirky film. I had no idea. I was expecting hard hitting drama and was wonderfully surprised with an almost Hal Ashby feel to it. I've never read a John Irving novel, but I do have an affection for his stories.


The Wackness
- Josh Peck, please keep doing what you're doing. I would love to work with you someday. I've never seen Drake and Josh, but after I saw Mean Creek years ago and now after seeing this, you have amazing things to come. young man You pick your projects carefully in the future and you'll have a career that rivals Ben Foster, Jeremy Davies, Michael Pitt, Michael Shannon.



Kansas
- I loved this film. Matt Dillon is a total knock out. And sexy as hell as the badass Doyle Kennedy. Even though it edges on being a movie of the week, I don't care, I loved it all the same.

No comments: