Sunday, December 07, 2008

Ninja James - Wrapped

Yesterday marked our last day of production. We got rained out a few weeks ago and had to postpone until after the holidays. I'm glad we did. We got some great stuff yesterday. Luckily no one got arrested. I'm not kidding about that. We were driving a 3-4 mile circle around downtown Austin with two prop cars, three actors, two cameras and a pick up truck. Between the two cameras and camera guys strapped in with bungee cords and two of my over enthusiastic actors who really played the part of bullying gang boys, I'm surprised the cops didn't stop us and make any arrests. My heart was pounding and some times I had to turn my head in fear. I will say that plenty of innocent bystanders either got super nervous or were thoroughly entertained by our theatrics. All in good fun.

So now we start the post production process. A heavy post production process. It'll take a good little while to piece it all together, add in the visual effects and get it looking as strange, kinetic and stylized as it is in my head. This has been a major experiment for me. I'm crossing my fingers that it plays out on screen.

I'm happy it's Sunday. It's been weeks since I've had a whole free day to myself. I went to bed at 8:30pm last night and didn't get up until 8am this morning. I plan to spend the rest of the day in all out laziness.

No comments: