Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Love Me - The Read Through

I'm holding a read through of my teen thriller Love Me tonight. I'm inches away from taking it out. It's (hopefully) a fun, popcorn flick with a few twists and turns and some loveable teen characters. It's probably one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had writing a script. Maybe because it's a new genre for me. Anyhow, I hope to get final bits of feedback to give it a good polish before I make it out to Los Angeles again. I'm planning a trip in February. Tickets are dirt cheap! Dirt cheap. So yeah, that's the plan. I'd be cool with just selling the little thriller.

I'm almost finished with the first draft of a new one. I should have that draft wrapped up by the end of the year. It needs a ton of work, but the skeleton is there. It needs some soul infused into it. I want to keep it in the drama genre but it keep whispering in my ear to scoot it over to a thriller.

Next semester I'm doing an independent study class with some of my UT students from this semester. We'll each (it's a class for me too) be writing a feature script over the semester. I have a big, budget comedy for that one. I'm actually pretty impressed with my idea (good job, Kat!) It'll just take some time and concentration to pull it off. For some reason, right now I'm fixated on the idea of fathers and sons. Don't ask me why. I'm neither a father nor a son. And I'm also fixated on boy scouts. Again, I was never a boy scout, but my dad was a boy scout leader for years and years and my older brother was an Eagle scout. So I went on many a camping trip and suffered through Boy Scout Jamborees, box car races, spaghetti dinners ...

1 comment:

Eden said...

Beautiful picture!! Will soon checkout Southwest Airlines for best travel deals.