Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ninja James Footage

We're 4 days into a 6 (possibly 7) day shoot. That 7 day will be reshoots. And those reshoots will take place after the Thanksgiving break. 90% of the footage looks awesome. The other 10% is the reason for reshoots. What's working though is really working. It's got a very 70s style feel and look to it. Between the crazy zooms, whip pans, camera flares and old school cars ... it feels aged, which I love. And Curtis, well, the man was born to play an action hero. His face just says it all. Curtis in that 1969 Thunderbird just makes me grin from ear to ear. And my beloved gang boys ... all six of them, the babies and the older guys, I just want to squeeze their little cheeks they're so cute.

All in all , I'm very, very pleased. And once we hand over all the footage to Chadwick and Keefe to work their editing and effects magic, I think it'll be pretty darn cool.

What's been great about the last two shorts is that they're completely different from what I've done in the past. That's my goal. To stretch my little directing muscles and learn by doing.

No comments: