Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sex in the City versus Rest Stop II



After 45 minutes I had to turn it off. It's 145 minutes long. 145 friggin' minutes long!!! I didn't want to sit through another 100 minutes of torture. No, I'm not talking about Rest Stop II, I'm talking about Sex and the City. Please tell me I'm not the first to say that the Sex and the City script is really bad. Sadly, Rest Stop II was a much more interesting piece of cinema. And that's not saying much. I was never a fan of the Sex in the City show. I tried to watch it once with Karen and couldn't handle it. Maybe because I'm not a girly girl who's into fashion or make-up or anything like that. Not so much. Give me The Wire or My So Called Life or even Growing Pains over that silly, stupid poo any day.


DISCLAIMER
So I'll explain to you, just as I explained to the woman at Hollywood Video ... I had to rent Rest Stop II because our friend Brionne Davis is in it. Brionne was in Ryan's film, Black Eyed years and years ago. And I have to say, he plays a pretty awesome psycho in Rest Stop II if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

It is bad, bad, bad!!

Something else that drove me crazy is how everything pauses when characters enter the scene, as if giving time for the audience to applaud and cheer.

And another thing! Could Samantha have shown up at any point NOT unexpectedly at the exact "right" time to cheers from the other women? Argh!

Bad, bad, bad, bad.

Anonymous said...

Rest Stop II has great music too!
--Mitchell