Sunday, October 05, 2008

Ninja James - Cast (Almost Locked)

What a day. Whew. Call backs this morning, test shoots/location scouting this afternoon and a brief little work date with Intern (Ex-Intern, actually) Adam. It's late, I'm home, sitting in bed, charging my iPod for a run in the morning and feeling a little better about the status of all things Ninja James.

We've almost locked the cast, but for a few minor, minor roles that I'm waiting for friends to respond on. We have some cool actors lined up and I couldn't be more thrilled about the chance to work with them. Some I've worked with before, others I've known for a while but never worked with and some who are brand spankin' new. I trust that they'll breathe life and humor into these characters. I will say, our band of merry gang boys couldn't be more hilarious. My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard this morning at all of their improv tomfoolery.

This afternoon, a little camera/editing/fx crew wandered around 15th and San Jacinto scouting out shots, alleyways, testing out set ups and getting honked at by random friends that kept driving by. It was weird. We saw a student from my Summer Film Camp for Girls, my gaffer from JOB, the DP I met at the Austin School of Film and some grip friends. Very strange. We have a firmer grasp on a stoplight scene that we're doing. This whole cars driving, multiple characters stuff is way more complicated than I thought it would be. I'm glad I have a little more than a month to prep and get my head wrapped around all of it. And it helps to have super talented, smart and creative folks on your team. That's the key.

No comments: