Sunday, October 05, 2008

Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist (2008)

I haven't loved a movie through and through maybe since I saw The Fall. This is the movie I've been searching for since John Hughes tossed in his hat with teen films. This will definitely go up there with some of the greats. No doubt about it. It made sense coming from Peter Sollett (Raising Victor Vargas, Five Feet High and Rising). There's a realism and a respect for his characters and a deep love for that youthful sensibility. I can't wait to see what he's lined up to do next.

What I love most about Sollett, are the performances he gets out of his actors. Every single one of them. Michael Cera being my favorite. He gives a wonderful, natural and sweet, sweet performance. I haven't seen him be so real. When Nick looks at Nora, he means it. It reminds me of when Lloyd Dobler looks at Diane Court, but for this generation. It's a movie that reminds me of what I loved about movies like Sixteen Candles, Adventures in Babysitting and yes, Say Anything. It's a bold statement, but y'know what? I don't care. I loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

No comments: