Monday, September 08, 2008

Script Deadline Accomplished (Kind of)


I'm wiping my brow after a deep breath and sighing "whew!"

So I've spent the entire summer working on a new script, tentatively titled Love Me. It's a teen thriller about obsessive love. Starting in early June until now I've poured through eleven drafts. Let me just say again, "whew". My goal was to have it finished before summer's end. I almost made that deadline. We're only two weeks into the school year, so I'm not being too hard on myself.

At draft 4, I had a full on read through with friends and actors. Got lots of notes and went back to work. From draft 5 - 11, I've relied on my trusty intern, Adam and my good friend Lorie for consistently awesome feedback. It's a gift to be able to give good feedback. Truly a gift. I can name people I trust for good feedback on one hand.

So today I put a little kiss on the PDF file and sent it to my agent. Her response when it popped into her inbox "Wowie!". I'm not sure she quite realizes that I mean business. I don't have time to mess around. I want to make another movie. I want to sell a script. And I'll work my butt off to make that happen. So we'll she what she says after a good read and where we go from here.

What to start on next? I have the beginnings of a Kids TV Pilot. The beginnings of a new sci-fi/dystopian script and several ideas for big comedies .... I think it's the Kids TV Pilot that's calling me next. 25 pages sounds less daunting than 100 right now.

No comments: