Sunday, September 07, 2008

Reports from the Toronto Film Festival


I've never been to the Toronto Film Festival but it's the festival that's number one of my list to attend as a film lover. Reports are spilling in about everything from Linklater's new film Me and Orson Welles, Kelly Reichardt's Wendy and Lucy, a new film by Claire Denis to a film I didn't even know was playing ... Still Walking. I'm a huge fan of Hirokazu Kore-eda. After Life is one of the best and most meaningful stories I've ever seen on screen. I hold that movie dear to my heart. And Nobobdy Knows follows suit with a more heartbreaking adventure of a family of children struggling to survive in the absence of their parents. He has a love and a humanity that you don't see on screen so much any more. So I'm thrilled to know that his next film is on its way.

No comments: