Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fantastic Fest - Day 2 (Half Way Through)

Having sat through 3 movies straight yesterday, after two today, I had to take a break. I think three a day might be my limit. Mark and the rest of the gang are in The Chaser. I got a little work in while waiting to go see Let the Right One In (apparently THE film to go see at the fest).



Estomago
It's good, but it didn't blow me away. I'm still waiting for the film that's gonna punch me in the face. I'm ready. Estomago almost reminded me of a softer, less weird version of Delicatessen. I almost want to take that back, because well, Jean-Pierre Jeunet is a genius and Estomago is ... ok/good. I think Mark liked it more than me. It had some wonderful performances, namely from the star and some great storytelling, but again, it just fell flat at the end and went on a little too long. I'd recommend seeing it if you're a food person.


Fear(s) of the Dark
I think I would've enjoyed this more had I not been so sleepy. It's a series of short animated pieces. There were two that were the most striking in style and story for me. Visually, it's stunning. Gorgeous animation. I'm a sucker for the black and white. If you're a lover of all things animated, it's a must see.

No comments: