Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Adventures in Ninja James Filmmaking


STORYBOARDING
The reason we decided to make an action short film was to figure out how to do it. Last night my little dream team assembled and the crazy ideas were flying off the hook. They involved balloons, crazy cams, rooftops ... uh ... I guess that's what happens when you brainstorm with three FX/animation guys who are really bored in their day jobs and looking to do something completely different from the corporate videos and video games that they're used to.

LOCATIONS
Leslie and I took a spin through downtown today scouting locations. The perfect parking lot for a gang fight, the best looking school, the less dangerous city streets to drive through ... me with my little digital camera, Leslie with her note pad and thinking cap on. We were all kinds of giddy.

MONEY
We need it. We just need to figure out how to get it.

LISTS
I have a list of things to do in between reading scripts for my UT kids. One thing at a time, Kat. One thing at a time.

No comments: