Friday, August 01, 2008

Script Break Throughs

At Wednesday's writing session with Adam, I was about to rip my hair out. I kept throwing a piece of paper over my face, whining. "I can't do this! This sucks. I hate this. Everything sucks, blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine." Boohoo.

And then on a run/walk the next morning, I had an epiphany. Weezer was on the old iPod singing about everybody getting dangerous. I was grinning/scheming from ear to ear while Rivers Cuomo provided a cool, hip soundtrack to strut to. I bobbed my head and plotted the death of certain characters in my script.

So our Thursday writing session was brilliant. Adam and I were type, type, typing away like mad. After a good long while he looked over and said "I think this is the first thing we've said to each other in over an hour."

1 comment:

Annie in Austin said...

Kat, it was fun to notice your name listed in the very glossy Fortunate 500 section - just wondering...do they tell you ahead of time or was it a surprise?

Annie at the Transplantable Rose