Saturday, July 12, 2008

We're Moving

Mark and I are packing our bags and heading to new digs. No, we're not going far. Not to Los Angeles, not to New York, not to Paris. Maybe just a mile, mile and a half, if that. We're cruising on down to the other side of Central Market. Leaving my beloved Hyde Park hood for the just as friendly and just as quaint Rosedale hood.
I like new beginnings ... even if you're shoved into them by smarmy new landlords. I've been in my little apartment complex for over 5 years now. We were a true community. I made some cool friends, had long chats in the parking lot. One of my neighbors was even in one of my teen's short films. I'll miss Hyde Park like mad. Sure, I can come visit, but it won't be the same. I've run up and down, back and forth any and all paved surfaces in my hood and frequented every food and coffee joint within a mile radius. Hell, I officed out of Quacks for almost a year.
It'll be good to move our furniture into a new place though. Redecorate, start fresh. I'm doing a lot of that lately. Starting over. It's really nice. I breathe in super deep, take in lots and lots of air and then exhale. It feels good.

The boxes are piling up in our livingroom. We get our new keys on Tuesday.

Oh, I'll miss you Hyde Park. Miss me too, ok?

3 comments:

abc said...

I love Rosedale. it is my second favorite neighborhood after Clarksville.

abc said...

Rosedale is my second favorite neighborhood after Clarksville. Good move!

abc said...

I didn't mean to say that twice! thought the first comment didn't work. You must think I really love Rosedale.