Thursday, July 24, 2008

Goliath on IFC

I'm a huge fan of the Zellner Brothers. Not because they're fun loving, sweet boys who like to throw crazy ass parties on New Year's Eve, but because they're the most prolific, unique and talented voices coming out of Austin.

I'm pretty sure I've seen everything they've done. And it's a lot. I mean a whole lot. But I will say that Goliath brings the normal Zellner Brother quirks and oddball sensibilities that I've grown to know and love and layers it thick with emotion, pathos and heart. And that's what makes this film so special. It marks a graduation for these boys. It took me a while to sit with the film. And I think that's a good thing. Now looking back on it, it's probably up there with one of my favorites to come out of this town.

Not to mention it's one of, if not the best trailer of the year.



With all of that said, if you have cable, you can find the film now on your Movies on Demand Channel. Highly recommended.

No comments: