Friday, July 18, 2008

Freaking Out and Wet Hot American Summer

I'm a freak. I have issues. Hopefully I'm not alone on this one. Last night I couldn't sleep because my head was swirling. It's kind of like your brain's on a scary rollercoaster. You can't get off and you really, really want the conductor to press the "stop" button, but he can't for whatever reason. And nothing helps the craziness going on in your head except just calming yourself down. It usually takes about 30 minutes to an hour for me to just chill out. It's my tick ... my quirk ... my weirdness that makes me, me, I guess.

I get like this when something big's going on. Usually it's about a film, but last night it was about a move. We're 3/4 of the way moved in to the new place. We get a U-Haul and finish up on Monday after a weekend with the parental units. I can't stop moving things. Anything. A lamp, drawers, CDs, food in the fridge ... It's my thing. I can't stop until it's finished. I can't leave things half done. It makes me batty. Mark had to get out of the house just to get away from it all. After unsuccessfully trying to sleep I had to put in Wet Hot American Summer. Intern Adam lent it to me and made me promise to watch it. Lo and behold, it worked. Fifty minutes in to the movie, I was passed out. Not because it was a bad movie. On the contrary, I was totally digging it. But it calmed me down a lot, made me laugh and forget about the chaos going on in my head.

So note to self. When you freak out, watch Wet Hot American Summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've changed a lot since lunch...