Thursday, July 03, 2008

Best Friend Slumber Party

Remember when you were a kid and your best friend spent the night? Remember how after your mom would turn out the light out and she'd tell you both to go to sleep? Well, you'd simply ignore her and stay up whispering in the dark for over an hour. Maybe two. Or at least until your heavy eyelids plummeted to sleep. You'd barely make each other out in the dark room. And that darkness allowed you to talk about anything. Mostly big things. Important life things. And as a kid that meant boys, mean teachers and what you might want to be when you grew up.

I didn't get much sleep last night. Karen and I stayed up way past our bed times talking into the night. Mark worked on his laptop in the living room while Karen and I whispered in my dark bedroom about big important life stuff. I miss Karen like mad. She moved to NYC over 2 years ago from Austin. We've known each other since 8th grade. She's my family. I'll be spending the month that she's visiting Austin convincing her to move back.

PHOTO: Me, Karen and Kelly Robert's booty at a Girl's Weekend last fall.

1 comment:

Marc & Tracy Frazier said...

YAY! KB is here!!!!