Saturday, July 19, 2008

Astros vs. Cubs

The Osborn family and Kat piled into the SUV and headed down to Minute Maid Park tonight. The Astros, ranked the worst team in the league right now, went up against The Cubs, ranked the best team in the league. Kind of a boring game up until the 7th inning. The fans got up, we stretched and then it got downright interesting. It was tied. One to one. Fear set in that we'd be sticking around for more than nine innings. I heard rumors of 18 innings in another recent game. Yikes. And then at the bottom of the ninth inning, the Astros took the game with a hit that brought them home. 2 - 1. Booyah! I'm not a sports fan by any stretch, but tonight I was flying out of my seat cheering and throwing my arms in the air. I think I might have been a good luck charm. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also shared what I think was a first in our marriage and/or relationship: a high five!

-Mark

Cubs suck, Cardinals suck.

Kat Candler said...

A double high five at that.