Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Where Do You Get the Best Writing Done?

I used to have this problem at Quacks long ago when I "officed" there. I would spend more time visiting with all of the friends popping in for a quick coffee rather than actually writing and working. I love that coffee shop, but I can't work there.

This morning was a constant string of friends and film acquaintances as I sat up front in Flight Path. It's nice to see everyone and catch up, but when I'm in hard core writing mode, it gets to be too much.

I can't write at home unless it's late and I'm tucked in bed with Pork Chop at my feet. I get good stuff done late at night. But during the day, there's a stack of movies to be watched and I'm easily distracted but Dude, Where's My Car? or High Plains Drifter.

I can't write at the office so well anymore. Only super early in the morning. I don't know what happened, but when I'm there, I feel like I need to be working on financials or class stuff.

For some reason, I'm most inspired at Zen. Which leaves me in a quandary. I only go there when I know I'm going to eat lunch. If I'm not eating lunch I don't feel it's very cool to grab a drink and sit for hours in the back. Then I just feel weird and lame. But I certainly do give them a lot of money. $8.43 or $7.04 every day depending if the manager gives me a discount. Frequent shopper discount that is.

So I guess the lesson of the day is ... sit in the back section of Flight Path when I don't have lunch at Zen. Not the front.

No comments: