Thursday, June 19, 2008

This Ain't No Pity Party Fools

I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine. Seriously. I'm cool. It's a new day. I was just telling a friend I have these momentary lapses of life sucks, blah, blah, blah. When in fact I know that life doesn't suck. It's fucking awesome and I have a shit load to be thankful for. And no one should pity me or think ah, poor Kat. Screw that. I've accomplished big and small, stupid and important. Dude, I'm cool. For real.

Before I went to bed last night I busted open the new script to cheer me up. It put me in a such a kick ass mood. I was thinking ... Hey, this ain't too shabby. I'd go see this in a theater. I'd eat up every ounce of teen cheesiness about it.

And tonight ... I have my script read through. It'll be the first time anyone reads it besides Intern Adam who gave me great notes to clean it up before the read through. I can't wait. I love notes. I love rewrites. I love making things better.

2 comments:

Jennifer Gandin Le said...

Break a leg tonight! Hearing your work out loud opens a whole new world of ideas and revisions.

Kat Candler said...

thanks man. i love read throughs. love 'em.